Become a Big Brother Junkie supporter here
Ever since Alex won HoH, the pressure on Danielle and Shane has been growing as they are becoming a target in the house. I know it, they know it, even my cat knows it (I mentioned my cat just for the guy who complained about that last season). However, in attempts to comfort them, both Kryssie have Jason have said on different occasions what good of shape they’re in because “America loves showmances”.
Am I out of touch here?
Personally, I think showmances are boring as shit and I would be completely happy without any forming during a season. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not completely cold-hearted on the issue. I understand if you put a bunch of good looking 20-somethings in the house, people will hook it up. If it happens, it happens. However, if and when it happens, I don’t root for the pair any more because they’re ‘cute together’, I’m more likely to root against them because most showmances become boring.
While I have nothing against these people personally, let’s look at some of the recent showmances…
- Nicole and Corey – Boring. It is Ken and Barbie without the dream house or fake body parts. That said, Ken may have more brains than Corey
- James and Natalie – Painfully awkward. Watching him follow her around all summer after she got rejected by nearly every other guy in the house, and then keeping him on the border of ‘friendzone’ was awful.
- Paulie and Zakiyah – Awful.
- Paul and Pablo – Awesome
- James and Meg – Was this ever a showmance? James followed her around like Natalie, but I don’t remember her even hinting more than friends
- Austin and Liz – This was an example of ‘prison romance’. If you keep people together long enough, there is a good chance they’ll hook up.
- Clay and Shelli – Another Ken and Barbie situation. This was brutal when Clay threw his game away for Shelli.
- Nicole and Hayden – This one surprised me. I can’t believe it lasted more than a year after the show ended. Still painful to watch while on the show.
- GinaMarie and Nick’s hat – creepy. Just creepy
- McCrae and Amanda – This is one I actually liked. Probably because Amanda was fun as hell to watch and she still played the game. McCrae kind of rolled over, but Amanda kept going
And yes, I’ll say it as well, Rachel and Brendan are annoying to watch, and Jeff and Jordan aren’t much better. Scratch that, Jeff and Jordan weren’t bad. I don’t like how Jeff constantly makes fun of Jordan to get laughs, but both are still entertaining whether alone or together.
So, I’m not crazy, right? As a fanbase, we’re kind of over the whole showmance thing I’d think. There are a few couples who have been tolerable, but most just go up each other’s asses and spend the game ‘cuddling’.
What do you guys think of showmances?Advertisement