Big Brother 16 – Damage Control Live Blogging
I’m glad I took some time off yesterday because today may be a busy one for me. It’s not even noon and quite a few people are up, and some are already talking game. While Nicole, Amber and Britt get their tan on, Derrick has been scrambling around the house to do some serious damage control to anyone who is awake.
If you didn’t read my last post, the bomb squad was exposed last night to Jocasta, Donny and Brittany. Devin has had enough and decided it was time to kill his game by flying solo the rest of the way. Honestly, it was only a matter of time until that happened, but I’m just surprised the alliance lasted as long as it did. Enough recap, no plugs today, time to get right into the feeds. Watch along with me by clicking the image below..
- 10:40am – Derrick sitting outside with Frankie going over Devin blowing it last night. He reconfirms none of it really matters because the only alliance he really cares about is Team America. He feels honored that we like his game and really wants to do whatever we suggest. The extra $5k per task is a nice bonus, but he admits it was quite the ego boost to know the fans like you (I don’t blame him there). And yes, they do like you Derrick. So far, you’re a stand-up guy.
- As Christine was walking into the house, Derrick called her over to explain about the Devin situation. Frankie already told her, but Derrick wanted to let her be prepared because today may be a rough day for them. He (Derrick) approached Brittany last night to ask what the conversation was about with Devin, and she told him it was just about the PoV. He knows it wasn’t, so he is well aware Britt lied straight to his face and is likely going to stir something up against them. He thinks she’s waiting for more of the house to wake up.
- Derrick said, bottom line, Devin has to go this week. No more talking to him in the HoH room and tell everyone the Bomb Squad was a one week deal.
- 10:49am – Derrick makes his way to Amber to let her know about the situation, then is able to catch Brittany for a conversation (he is kind of acting paranoid but he has a right to be). Meanwhile, Christine and Nicole are in the pantry talking (I’ll flashback and cover that soon).
- Derrick confronts Brittany about her lying to him last night regarding the Devin conversation. He said it hurt his feelings, but he is willing to let her talk. She said it also really hurt her to find out her closest friend in the house (Derrick) had a secret alliance behind her back. She cried for an hour about it. Now she feels completely alone in the house. Derrick keeps cutting her off, so I’m trying to do the best I can.
- Derrick lies to her by telling her he never lied to her and she’s the only person in the house he confides in. He put the blame on Devin for starting all of this, and is putting the blame on Brittany for not approaching him to clear stuff up. Pretty smooth method really, put blame on everyone else. It’s a strategy that works.
He is sticking to his one week alliance deal. More ‘not lying’ to Brittany.
- 11:09am – She is really having none of it. Derrick is rambling at this point and she keeps saying she needs time and doesn’t want to talk game with anyone. Going to soon check back on the Christine/Nicole conversation.
- 10:49am – Checking back on Christine and Nicole in the pantry. Christine was just giving Nicole a heads up, but Nicole is already aware of it all. I thought more was going to come from this.
- 11:10am – Frankie in the beehive doing damage control with Victoria. Putting all the blame on Devin hating everyone. He said Devin is going to go around the house getting everyone against Caleb.
- 11:35am – Fast forward to catch up a bit. Derrick is STILL talking about the same stuff with Brittany on the hammock. The guy is relentless.
- 11:47am – Ahh, caught up. The two are still talking while a bunch of people are on the couch. Things settling down a bit, I can breathe again.
I can tell Britt is getting a little tired of the conversation. She’s starting to stop him from cutting him off (“I’m not done yet”) while listing people she doesn’t really trust any more.
- 11:55am – A weird pairing, Nicole and Donny are talking about the situation. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen them speak to each other before. Donny is telling Nicole they need to start talking game otherwise they’re going to be sitting at home. The floaters are starting to float together it appears.
Donny thinks they should pull people from the 8 (like Hayden). Pretty aggressive move, but I like it.
Nicole “I think they’re going around making up stories about the alliance how it’s not true. Victoria is falling for it, but I’m not that stupid”
Donny “They’re probably going to keep following us around so we can’t talk”
- 12:00pm – Britt and Jocasta briefly whispering in the bathroom about the alliance. I have a feeling the whispering is going to continue all day.
- 12:10pm – The house learns they will remain havenots for another day at least. Some were hoping it would have only been a 5 day punishment ending tonight at midnight.
- Cody, Christine and Amber are on the couch outside
- 12:55pm – Had to run out, I’m back. Nicole is up in the HoH room listening to Devin’s story. I need a collage of faces people make when they listen to Devin. (I also realized I just posted 3 images of Nicole in a row. She’s part of the game!)
Nicole “I have heard a lot of alliances members say not nice things about you, I never would have thought you were in an alliance”
- Devin is spilling everything to Nicole. Not like it matters, but I think Devin is just talking to anyone who would listen at this point
- 1:14pm – Caleb in the kitchen protecting Amber to Donny. He is saying it was all him and Devin and she was just guilty by association. Meanwhile, Devin is watching them talk from the monitor in his room. Weird
- To summarize, Caleb completely lied to Donny and said that he thinks Devin’s side alliances with people made him think he had a large alliance. He also went and completely fell on his sword for Amber. He was more concerned what Donny thought about Amber.
- 1:33pm – Hayden and Donny are in the pantry chatting and it comes up about Amber. They both kind of laugh about Amber ‘not being part of anything’.
So much whispering going on, hard to keep up. I may have to start a new thread soon
- 1:35pm – Hayden is holding on to a bomb for Caleb. When it comes to it, he’s going to tell Caleb how bad Amber talks about him. This will help break them up when needed. Meanwhile, Caleb is in the kitchen falling on his sword once again, this time to Victoria. All he is doing is defending Amber.
The house is calm for now. I am going to close this thread for now, I will start another if things heat up again.