Become a Big Brother Junkie supporter here
As I said on Twitter last night, when the unexpected is expected, can you really keep saying “expect the unexpected”? Judging from my twitter feed during the show, having yet another season where they bring back a vet is just getting old on people. Sure it’s great the vet is someone as entertaining as Paul, but enough already. A good chunk of the show revolved around Paul and newbies kissing his ass rather than us getting to know the newbies.
With that said, it’s great to see the show back on TV and I’ll take it regardless if a player is returning or not.
I’m going to analyze the cast a bit later hopefully, but I have a few random comments from what I saw last night…..
- I don’t know what to think about Cody. I get a serious ‘Monty’ vibe from him who I also still don’t know if I like or not.
- Cameron got the shaft, and it’s hard not to feel bad for him. The game is about how you play socially, and it’s unfair to evict anyone in the first day.
- I love Paul, but I am not a huge fan of his act when he knows the cameras are on. You know he would have rather just entered the house like a normal person, but he needed to be this high profile figure and yell random catch phrases.
- The dislike for Jillian is weird. I haven’t really seen a whole lot of her to get an opinion one way or another, but people really feel strong about her already.
- Kevin would have been stupid to pass up that money. He only has a 6% chance of winning it all and that is not factoring in other variables like his age which greatly hurts players in this game. Regardless how the season goes, he’s already a winner because of that.
- What is up with Josh? His DR session was completely creepy as hell.
- Ladies REALLY love Matt and the gray hair look. Who knew?
- The wife and I were having a debate. Jessica claims they’re real, and I say they are, but wife says fake. What do you think?
Alright, so the feeds are going live tonight just after the west coast episode. You can get a free week of the feeds by clicking on this link. Yay!
I am going to try to rank the houseguests this afternoon, but I have something to go to at 6:30. It is unlikely I will be home by 9, though it will be close. If not, I hope Amy can cover the episode, but if she can’t do it (she just had surgery, wish her well!), I will do it when I get home. After that, I will live blog as late as I can tonight but that may not be too late because I’ve been getting tired early. Perhaps I need to start a coffee fund.
Enough rambling. Tell me what you thought of the premiere and this cast.