Big Brother 20- Wednesday Recap
Good Morning, I’m sorry I missed the recap yesterday but I had something come up and had to leave extra early. I saved a little info that I’d already started when I thought I’d be around to do it so I’ll include it somewhere near the bottom of this thread in case you’re interested. Steve covered all the game talk and this is mostly the random stuff which interests me. (I’m aware I may be the only one, that’s the reason it’s near the bottom)
I’m going to start where Wednesday night ended and then go over the day because we have some news. Last night, Angela and Tyler admitted that they’re in love with each other.
Angela leaned over to Tyler’s bed and said “I’m in love with you.” Tyler said “I can’t believe we have the same secret.” (They’ve been saying recently they wanted to say some things but have been holding back because of the cameras so now we know at least one of those things) Angela told him she couldn’t believe she’d said it and he said he couldn’t believe it either. He told her he thought it was just him that was feeling that way. She told him not to leave her tomorrow (today) and he told her the same. Angela joked and said she’d thought about telling him she had a 4 year old child instead. They had a little kissy kissy time and some love talk and fell asleep with smiles on their faces. (They’ve been sleeping in their own beds but close enough that they’re practically in bed together)
This has become Brett’s new sleeping position. The night before this, he listened at the wall to try and hear Angela and Tyler because he’s still trying to figure out if something is going on between them. Last night, he opened the wall a little to try and see what was happening.
I don’t know what this will mean for the game or decisions moving forward but we’ll know soon enough. It doesn’t change anything for the double because Brett is the target, not each other. Does Tyler have a new F2 or does Tyler end up telling Angela at some point about his F2 with Kaycee? Who knows?
Wednesday (Earlier in the day):
- JC knows the year all the Disney movies were released and Brett was impressed. (have to admit, I was too) JC said it’s a part of American history as if we should all know it, which I guess is sort of true, American Disney history, at least. I heard him say early in the summer, he wished they could watch The Little Mermaid. (one of my faves)
- The latest batch of the puppy chow snack the hg’s made must’ve been cursed. Brett spent an hour or more on it and got a little too forceful while shaking it up:
- The lid popped off:
- This was the result:
- Haleigh pushed too hard when she slid it across the counter:
- She knew what was coming:
- This was the result:
- This is Sam picking Haleigh’s hair out of it another time:
- JC asked Angela to make fish for him. She’s been really annoyed with him so she made a special sauce for it with tons of salt, soy sauce, electrolyte powder, garlic salt, etc. hoping it would taste terrible. JC really liked it and went back for seconds. Sam liked it too and told Angela and KC they should try it. Angela told KC it was straight sodium and she couldn’t believe he ate it so I guess her plan backfired.
- Tyler told Brett they should both throw the hoh comp and let Sam or JC take the shot at Angela and KC. He said that way they won’t be mad at them for it. (Brett’s been paranoid so I don’t know if he’ll do it or not)
- Tyler and KC told Angela about Brett wanting to go after them. She was already worried so it didn’t take any convincing for her to get on board to go after Brett. She’s decided to tell Haleigh in her gbm that Brett’s the reason they had to evict her. She said she’ll say Brett told her that Hay was still planning to go after them. Originally, they planned on telling Angela on Thursday because they said Angela doesn’t hide her feelings very well. They were afraid Brett might talk to Angela so they thought she should know sooner.
- Angela was the first (I think) to realize that if Brett won the veto and took JC or Sam off the block, one of their 3 would go home. (She’s right: Let’s say Tyler wins the hoh, puts up JC and Sam with the plan to backdoor Brett, Brett wins veto, takes JC down, KC or Angela has to go otb and Brett & JC’s votes could evict them instead of Sam.)
- Angela and KC went over the order of preference for people to leave. Of course, they’ll have to win for it to happen but if they do, they want it to be Hay, Brett, Sam and JC last. They talked recently about how hard JC has worked in the game and the top 5 get more money than the rest of the jury this year. They wanted JC to have that spot, (originally) so he’d get more money. Now, they want him to get 4th. They also talked about the way Hay trash talks the people she was friends with in the game. Angela said she didn’t get it and said “bitch, you’ll be best friends with them again in 3 days.” KC agreed and doesn’t understand why she does it. (It shows Hays immaturity imo. Why would they trust you when you trash your closest friends to them, especially for no real reason?)
This was around my break in the feeds for Wednesday’s episode. Here’s what stood out to me:
- The edit tried to make it appear as if Sam had to be kept calm after going otb. The reality was that she’s been calm all week. She’s talked to herself a little but none of it was about ripping off door hinges or rattlesnakes and who doesn’t talk to themselves occasionally?
- JC’ video msg broke my heart. He has his flaws but everyone wants to feel like they’re supported by family. It’s probably one of those things he accepts the best he can but when he’s in a situation with direct comparisons to others, it has to be harder. I remember feeling bad for Brandi during CBB when she got a msg from Andy Cohen instead of her kids and it made me feel bad for her. This was so much harder to see. I have to admit, my peanut allergies kicked in too.
- Is Sam’s brother a sailor? Nevermind, her reaction to the videos also got me a little emotional.
- I was a bit bummed Kaycees mom was in the Philippines and she wasn’t on the video. I thought she was so funny on the intro clip.
- Scottie getting “Snottie” for a comic was really bad! I’m sure work began on them before he was evicted but it did make me wonder. Could that be punishment for scaring the hell out of them on the live show? I know Austin pissed them off during BB17 and his comic was the stinky guy. Later in BB18, during the roadkill comps in the RV, the stinky guy was called “Uncle Austin.” I’ve said before, production will mess with you if you mess with them.
- Here’s one last Haleigh pic crying in the DR after a comp:
- Am I the only person who thinks Brett used to be much funnier? His shtick is getting kind of old in the DR. He’s funnier on the feeds but he’s been overdoing it in the house lately too.
- The veto was different than the way we usually see the comic comp done but I liked it. The zip line they normally have gets old after the first couple people have gone but this held my interest. It was easier but I liked the obstacle course mixed with the comics. Naturally, Brett broke something and it was funny that it was Winston. Was that symbolic of the Bro-ship since Brett has JC now? (Nah, Winston’s all over Twitter giving Brett his support) How many things has he broken in the house this summer?
Back to Wednesday night feeds:
- Tyler talked to JC confirming he’d be ok with a plan to get out Angela. JC said he and Brett weren’t convinced Tyler would put Angela otb. (I think Tyler’s hoping if he can convince JC, maybe JC will accidentally help convince Brett that Tyler’s is really ok with it so maybe he’ll thrown the hoh comp)
- Hay talked with almost everyone one on one. Tyler assured her it looked good for her. KC said she’d break a tie in her favor. JC said he was for sure keeping her but was afraid he may be the only vote. Angela asked if Hay would pack Angela’s stuff if she left in the double because she trusted Hay with her things. When Hay said nobody was coming out and saying “I’m voting to keep you,” Angela said it’s because she’s otb with a crazy person. Hay said she just wanted to know and not find out from Julie. Angela said she’d feel the same way. (Wow, these people are cut throat! It’s brutal and probably not good for jury votes but hey, I’m having a good time)
- Brett told JC he thought Angela was acting wierd. JC said she was just spoiled and used to getting her way so it wasn’t a big deal. They discussed what Sam would do and JC’s confident she’d go after Angela.
- KC and JC talked about Brett. JC said he didn’t talk game with Brett and didn’t know where his head was at. He also assured KC, Brett would go after Sam and not them. How can it be both? (Lol) It didn’t matter because KC knew he was full of shit. They agreed to vote to keep each other if one is otb during the double. KC said she heard that JC told Hay she was staying and it would be unanimous. He denied saying it. (I don’t know if he said it this week or not. KC’s just messing with him anyway)
- Most everyone went to bed except Hay and Sam. We saw the love talk I already went over.
Here is what I’d started on Tuesday before I realized I wasn’t doing a recap the next morning:
- Brett played dress up and I think he said he was a Kid Rock/Joe Dirt combo:
- Tyler knew where Tupperware got its name from watching HGTV. He’s into HGTV the way JC is the Disney channel, I guess.
- Sam said she thought for a while Fessy was gay and very intelligent. JC said he could understand thinking he was gay but said the intelligent part was completely off.
- The hg’s begged for music while in the yard. They wanted the feeds cut to have a song played. Bob wouldn’t do it but KC’s peanut health nut song was played. They danced around and took what they could get.
- (This was before Ty, Ang and KC turned on Brett) All four of L6 decided it would be a good idea to blindside Hay. They said “it’s what we do.” That was funny but maybe not very smart. Brett told Angela about Hay saying she was going to ask to borrow a dress from Angela for Thursday. (Hay had told Brett if she let her borrow it, she’d feel like she was staying) Angela is planning on lending her the dress to help with the blindside. They suggested Angela should offer it herself if Hay didn’t ask. (Our entertainment with the blindsides may not be over yet)
- Sam talked to herself and said “why would I want to stay in a house with people who don’t want me here?” (Oh, I don’t know Sam, for 500k perhaps?)
Brett was out of control Tuesday and it was like JC took over his mind because he was behaving just like him. He kept making comments about shomances and being kind of obnoxious. He said how he couldn’t wait to watch the season so he’d finally know who was f**king. He was already paranoid and JC’s been working on him more so he’s started to get tunnel vision about a Tyler/Angela romance the same way JC did. The talk Brett had with Haleigh finished him off imo. It’s when she told him how she’d heard noises coming from the room Tyler & Angela sleep in and insinuated something was going on. They talked about whether Tyler had any game with women and it was telling from both of them. Hay said there was no way because he’d never said anything smooth to her and it didn’t make sense unless he just wasn’t attracted to her. Brett didn’t get why Kaitlyn and now Angela wanted to be around Tyler all the time. Brett and Haleigh are similar in the way they gauge another persons “hot” factor. If they arn’t into Brett or Haleigh, they must not have “game” with other people. I mean, who wouldn’t choose them over everyone else, right? Later, Brett took the info from Haleigh of possible sexual activity to JC. JC actually shut it down and said Angela wasn’t that kind of girl and there was no way. He told Brett it just showed how weak Haleigh’s game was that she was making things like that up.
I brought this up because distrust and paranoia are part of what’s going on with Brett but some of it is ego. I don’t think he was ever into Angela but he was into Angela being receptive to his flirting. He told Haleigh how it had changed with Angela and she didn’t seem to like his flirting anymore. He told her the stupid ice cream story. He’s still butt hurt that he tried to get Angela to try some and she wouldn’t but when Tyler offered her a bite, she took it. I think it’s why he ran around all day trying to be the “funny guy,” making passive agressive comments and trying to get attention. Brett’s ego can’t handle that women in the house may prefer Tyler over him. Sam even told him he was her plan B. I think the combination of all of this is what led Brett to go ahead and talk to Tyler about going after Angela & KC. He’d said he didn’t want to suggest it in case Tyler told Angela & KC but he let his ‘I have to know’ get the better of him. It gave Tyler the ammunition he needed to make the move he’d already been hinting to Angela and KC that he wanted to make. This was Brett when he went to bed Tuesday night listening at the wall divider to see if he could hear anything going on:
I’m not saying Brett wouldn’t have been a target anyway but it would’ve been harder for Tyler to get Angela & KC to go along. He’s only been met with resistance in the past when he’s brough it up. Angela is loyal and KC, even more. They had to hear there was an actual plan to break up L6 before they wanted to do it. I don’t think it means they’re bad at the game. I think Angela & KC were staying with L6 to the F4 because if you’ve got to go with someone, why not go with the people you agreed to go with? I also think they feel up to the challenge to go against tougher competition because they have confidence in their own abilities. Most players want the easier path and probably the smarter one too, but I still admire what they were trying to accomplish.
Kaycee especially, is that friend who’d help you bury a body but if you betray her, she isn’t going to feel bad turning on you. Instead, she seems quite pumped up to do it. Even the in love version of Angela simply doesn’t give a damn. They both may lose but I’m enjoying watching them play. They may be loyal but they’re also badass women and both playing to win.
Regardless of who wins hoh and veto, the double eviction should be the end of L6. The opportunity may not be there for one of them to take the shot but it’s out in the open now. Even if Sam or JC were to go, they’ll still be faking it at this point. I can’t believe they made it this far together and it’s been impressive to see.
I know Steve will miss Haleigh a little and I do agree with him that unlike Sam, Haleigh was playing hard. In my opinion, she was playing terrible but she was still playing. I don’t feel bad for anyone at this point. Haleigh made her mistakes and tonight, she’ll pay for them. I don’t feel bad for Brett either with the trio going after him. He’s been plotting for 2 weeks to go after them. JC is plotting everyone’s demise except Tylers so he’s fair game too. That’s the game and nothing that happens tonight will be unfair, no matter who ends up talking to Julie…even Tyler! I know Sam is the least exciting choice to leave in the double but it’s what I want to happen. She needs to go and I have nightmares about her getting to the end and winning with a bitter jury. The secrets are coming out so even if Sam leaves, we’ll have a week for L6 to fall apart instead of an hour. That could be just as good as an exciting few minutes tonight. There’s an upside to both so I’ll be happy either way, I think.
I read about Steve’s dream and his swimming comp against Tyler. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy buff, I believe it was rigged and Tyler is obviously productions pet over Steve! Not fair!
Nk, I hope you get feeling better and my thoughts are with all our friends on the East coast as well. Have a great Thursday!