Big Brother 21 – Thursday Recap for 8/22/19
Good morning BBJ fam! Yep, it happened, Christie is still in the house and Sis is heading to jury! I cant wait until they regret the decision to keep her and it sounds like it may already be happening. I’m not saying that to be bitter because as I said yesterday, I didn’t care who left and I could see an upside to either. It’s the one positive for the seasons we end up with a dislikable cast.
I know everyone’s already moved past Sis being evicted because a new hoh has been crowned but (full disclosure) I had something come up last night and I haven’t seen all of the live show yet. I was going to try to watch it this morning but Fridays recap already gets posted later than the others, so I thought I better wait. For once, I’ll probably be sticking to an actual recap of feeds since that’s the only thing I’ve seen or have to talk about. (Lucky you! No gardening problems, car being towed or moving drama this week. No matter who went home last night, ya’ll must think you’ve hit the lottery today!)
Now, that doesn’t mean I haven’t seen anything from the show so I’ll just ask this now, what the hell was Jul-e-e thinking? (I’ve said for years her stylist HAS to be high with some of the choices that are made and after last night, I personally feel I’ve been proven right)
Daytime feeds before live show:
- Nicole and Jess talked about Tommy acting weird. They said he was quick to discard Christie and get on the Sis train. Jess thinks it’s because he blamed Christie for Taco Turaday.
- Jackson made the rounds telling people it looked like Sis may be leaving.
- Nick told Tommy he should stop studying (bird sounds) with Christie. He also said one of them would have to win the hoh.
- Tommy asked Jackson about telling Sis she was going. Jackson preferred he wait until the 2nd lock down but told him to do what he needed to do. He said he didn’t want another day similar to when Sam left.
- Sis asked Nick if he knew what was going to happen. Nick told Sis she was leaving. (while chewing his food…loudly) He’s about as sensitive as she is so it was kind of appropriate.
- Sis, as she started crying, said “I literally hate everyone in this f*cking house.” Nick explained Jackson was planning on breaking a tie to save Christie so there wasn’t a point in Nicole voting to keep her. Sis said “Like, literally, what the f*ck did I ever do to him?” Nick explained it was because of what she didn’t say to him while campaigning and he found out how mad she was to go up as a pawn that was causing it. Nick said he was only assuming Christie told Jackson how mad Sis was over it. Tommy and Beth came in the room and Sis started crying again and saying she hated Jackson. She said she can’t wait to see him come next.
- It was Christie’s turn next. Sis said she wasn’t mad at Christie but her comments were pretty accusatory and had some bite to them. Christie said she was sorry and it was either this or just lay down and not try. Sis said “congratulations, you’re staying and you can’t even go after him because you made a f*cking deal with him.” Sis asked “so how long have you known you were staying?” Christie said she’d only known for about 20 minutes that Jackson would break the tie in her favor and said she still didn’t know how people were voting.
- Sis also went off on Jackson. She told him he was stupid, said she’d never done anything to him and there was LOTS of cursing. He was being nice, mixed with some ‘too bad, so sad.’ He told her he wasn’t voting and said it wasn’t personal.
- Tommy must be wanting to play some more dramatic roles after the show because he’s really been working on his crying:
As I said, I don’t have much to contribute and I’m sure you all know more than I do. I know Beth was a little shook when she voted and could hear the audience groans. She said she couldn’t even do her shout outs because she lost her train of thought. (How will we ever f*cking survive without hearing Beths shout outs?)
I figured I’d toss out the F-bomb myself and give my own shout out to Sis as a farewell, don’t let the door hit ya and you know the rest. This is probably a more fitting farewell to the mastermind player, we humbly refer to as Sis:
Beth won the hoh comp with an impressive perfect score. Afterwards, she told Jackson she was worried because she’d made a comment about learning to shoot. (I guess she’s afraid America won’t like her if they know she grew up shooting guns. I’m also guessing the comment was related to her ability to aim well in the comp)
It a way, Beth is kind of simple minded to me but in another way, she’s sort of complicated. She has to be the most image conscious player in the game, even more than Tommy. Many of the things Tommy does are for AFP but Beth is truly worried about the way people will see her long after the game is over. Jackson’s image conscious too but his is more in the form of paranoia. There’s footage going back to the first week of feeds where Beth’s scolding Jackson about things he’s said and how she wants them to be “portrayed” as a shomance. I say she’s complicated because she spends so much time trying to create a narrative for Jackson and herself, fakes tears and concern for people in order to be seen as nice and caring, (she’s admitted that by the way) talks about being a conservative girl who is modest and private with her sex life and body. Yet, she plays hide the watermelon with Jackson all over the house, on camera, for 2 months AND when she’s been told repeatedly that we can see it. Never mind, maybe it isn’t complicated, maybe this points more towards her just being simple minded.
We also found out we’ll be voting for a prankster to secretly take over one of Beths nominations. (I’ll be shocked if Cliff doesn’t get it because of the tv only viewers)
Thursday night feeds:
- Beth said she’s happy she won but a little paranoid over being the first repeat hoh. She said this will make her a bigger target but she’s also the one who pointed out she’s the first repeat HOH.
- It didn’t take long for her to state the obvious to Jackson, which is, Nick will be going otb. She plans to put Christie up as a pawn and remind her that she told them she’d happily be a pawn for them if they kept her. She said Jess would be the renom if one came down.
- It seems Beth is already regretting her decision to keep Christie. It’s partly because of the audience reaction to her vote but some of it is due to the fact that Christie has a very different outlook than she had when the day began. (Hahahaha) Christie thanked Beth for her vote as if that was Beths only contribution to Christie staying in the house. Beth said Christie’s acting like it was only one vote instead of remembering they put in a lot of work to flip the entire thing.
- Jackson doesn’t appear to be as concerned but he isn’t going to, even if he’s starting to think it. There’s no way Jackson’s going to admit, especially this soon, that he might’ve made a mistake.
- Christie tried to talk about how amazing she is because of the vote flip and Jackson said “new subject.”
- Cliff, Nicole and Jess received punishments for their poor performance so whenever they are told, they have to make pies and throw them in the faces of whoever they’re instructed. Here’s a few from last night because BB didn’t waste any time:
- Jackson keeps saying it would be funny if he went home on Beth’s hoh. I think this can be translated into meaning he’s worried he might go home on Beths hoh.
- Beth’s worried how the prankster could mess up her hoh. Jackson told her to do things as she normally would because she couldn’t control it and I agree.
- Cliff and Nicole talked about the prankster and thought it would be great if they could manage to get Tommy out this week. They feel they’re in a pretty decent spot at the moment but could improve it if Tommy left and again, I agree.
- Christie and Beth have almost convinced themselves that Sis must be famous. They think it could explain the vote reaction and Christie said that Sis hold her she had something important she wanted to tell her. The possiblity of Dis being famous actually came up before yesterday. Some of them have said they thought Sis might be “secretly famous for a while. At the time, I kept wondering how a person can be famous AND it be a secret. How does that work? Nick doesn’t agree and thinks at most, she might be Instagram famous. Beth thinks this is still a very big deal. Nick doesn’t and said lots of people are Instagram famous. (For the record, Beth has twice as many followers on Instagram as Sis does, just in case anyone cares about that)
- Beth wanted Christie and Tommy to come upstairs and have breakfast but Jackson said it’s probably a bad idea and might be a red flag for Cliff and Nicole.
- Beth said she still feels good about working with Cliff and Nicole but she thinks she needs to stay on top of Nicole to make sure she doesn’t stray, I guess.
- Beth thinks Nick will try to convince Christie to work with him again. They said if she does, Christie will be “dead to me.” (They don’t realize, Christie’s already planting seeds to Nick)
- Christie is backtracking about being a pawn. Beth told her what she was thinking of doing and Christie wasn’t pleased about it. She said she didn’t think it would be so soon. Beth tols Jackson, she’s concerned that Christie is already trying to change the agreement. Beth thinks Christie will feel like this is a one time deal and once she’s a pawn for them this week, the deal is over. (Did these dumb asses actually believe Christie, or anyone, would be OK with being a pawn repeatedly, if at all?) Beth also asked her not to tell Nick anything about her plans.
- Tommy and Christie were whispering about the DR and footage for the show. Tommy said they wanted clips of him showing his unwavering support for Christie but he said that became tricky once “the incident” happened. He was trying to figure out how things would make sense for the episode, since he was sure nothing would be shown about the person yelling over the wall. It was very hard to hear (anyone feel free to correct me if I have this wrong) but it sounded like Tommy was also apologizing in advance for any footage Christie may eventually see of him saying (in DR clips) that he was ready for her to leave.
I have no idea how the nominations will go but there’s been a lot of speculation. Some people think Beth will make 2 and then one of them will be replaced. Other people think there will be an announcement saying she only gets to choose 1. We’ll know soon enough so I’m not going to waste time trying to guess. Twists put me in a bad mood anyway so I’m just moving on and waiting for people I don’t like to get some pies to the face!
Have a great Friday.