Good morning and happy double eviction day! Unless something crazy happens today, we’ll be losing Jessica plus one more tonight. The double can’t tell us who’ll win the game but it will at least let us know who heads into the week with an advantage. There’s 3 pairs and one of them is losing a number. The pair who wins the DE hoh will be safe but only one of that pair can play for the next hoh. Therefore, the duo that manages to keep both players during the double but doesn’t win the double has the best odds going into next week. It’s why there’s been so much talk about who’s going to try to throw it and who isn’t. They’ve suspected a double and once they know for sure, I don’t think anyone’s throwing it.
Beth=Holly & Jolly=Jackson and Holly (although my favorite shomance name for them is McBeth since CBS has pushed Michie all season)
If you’re new here, I use Jolly to speed up the typing, not because I thinks it’s a cute shomance name. I use Beth because I’m an a**hole. I’m also not original since #Bething has been all over Twitter all season, every time Beth does something worthy of mentioning.
There was a lot of game talk happening last night but it was mostly everyone trying to convince everyone else they have each others backs moving forward. If you want details of the conversations, you should read the comments in the previous thread. NK went through the entire thing and they’re all highlighted in blue boxes. It went late into the night or well into the morning, depending on which way you see it. (Either way, gurl had a busy night!) As usual, I’ll stick with highlights only since this is a recap but I really encourage you to read the detailed conversations. Often, some of the subtleties happening in the house are lost with just a recap of the day.
- Beth was sick most of the day and she’d thrown up throughout the night before. Some worried she was on her Bethbed. (Ya, I know, that one was lame and not even original. I can’t even give anyone credit because I lost count of how many people I read using it yesterday)
- Beth tried to rest in the hoh while everyone else hung out up there. That would make me nuts.
- Jess was concerned their cooking habits may be the cause of her illness. She said she’s complained for a long time about the way some of them (mostly Jackson and Jack) prepared, stored and thawed meat. (True, I’ve heard her) Christie, Tommy, Jess and maybe Nicole (?) made chicken soup for Beth and the others if they became ill too.
- Christie helped Jess prep for campaigning by telling her to be clear about what she was going to say and to say it with confidence. (Honestly, Christie’s a good person to get advice from in this area. She’ll say anything, to anyone, at any time and sound very convincing when she does it. Like her or not, this has been a strength for her in the game)
- Nicole ran scenarios for her vote. She’s basing her vote (according to what she’s telling the camera) on which way will make her feel less guilty. She was actually worried Cliff might use her as a pawn moving ahead. She’s been concerned Cliff is closer with Jolly than she realizes. (She didn’t say this but I get the feeling she’s worried they might have a F3. She and Cliff are loyal to each other but I’ve always felt they don’t talk enough. They game talk only when its necessary but it doesn’t seem like they’re actually planning things together. It’s why I feel like they arn’t always on the same page)
- Tommy talked about working for Alex from BB9 again. It’s why he knows more about that season than a lot of people. (He may have gotten advice from Alex but I don’t see it as much of an advantage. It seems half the cast gets advice from a past player in modern BB and the game has changed a lot since Alex was there)
- Nicole told Cliff she’s voting for him to stay. Cliff said he wants her at the end if he doesn’t stay. They discuss when to tell Christie and Tommy, if at all. She said she’d rather be 2nd to Cliff than 4th to Jess and she decided to wait for Thursday to tell them. Cliff explained he’s trying not to say much to Christie. He doesn’t want to be put on the spot with her trying to make a deal. He said if he had Nicole and Beth’s vote, why would he make a deal with Christie and Tommy? (True)
Side note: Nicole didn’t do the best job here. It’s one thing for her to talk to herself and the cameras while sorting things out. She can say Jess made some good points, she worries about Cliff being too close with Jolly, etc. TO US but she shouldn’t be going over those kind of thoughts with Cliff. Sure, she told him he was staying but during that talk, she also told him that after hearing Jess pitch to her, she was “leaning towards Cliff.” Wth? This is supposed to be her F2, according to her own words and it’s not very smart. Don’t get me wrong, not only is Nicole my favorite person on the show, she may actually be my favorite person out of all 21 seasons. I haven’t put that much thought into it but as I quickly think back through all the seasons, I’m not sure I’ve ever liked a hg as much as I like Nicole. It doesn’t mean I think she’s killing it in this game because she isn’t. Yes, the arguements been made she’s the deciding vote a lot so even without an hoh, she’s played an important role. She has, but it’s not from strategy, it’s because the house sees her as wishy washy. She’s played the game more emotionally than I would like but I’ll give her credit for not voting emotionally when it gets down to decision time. I’m just saying she needed to do a better job of hiding the emotional process she goes through leading up to her decisions. The other players would see her as a stronger player even without comp wins. (She’ll still have to win a couple comps to have a shot because players in recent season value comp wins more than older seasons)
- Jackson talked to Nicole about being loyal to her. He said he put up Christie and Jess to prove it. He told her he loved and respected both Nicole and Cliff. He said it was dumb for him to evict Jess over Cliff on a game level but he’s loyal to them. Nicole said there was a smarter game move but she couldn’t do it. (Again, shut up Nicole!) Jackson said he wasnt evicting Cliff. Nicole told them they’ve (Christie and Tommy) been in her ear a lot. Jackson told her he thinks Christie and Tommy want either Nicole or Cliff to take the shot at Jackson in the next hoh so only one of Cliff or Nicole can play in the one after. That way, they can take out one of Cliff and Nicole. He said it also avoids either of them having to take the shot at Jolly.
- Tommy and Cliff and basically lie to each other when they meet up for campaigning. The wierd thing is, Tommy already promised Jackson and Cliff his vote but on Wednesday, he was still acting like it was up for grabs. (Not the best way for Jackson and Cliff to trust him) Tommy asked what Cliffs plan moving forward would be and Cliff told him he didn’t know. (Not the best way for Tommy to trust Cliff either)
- Christie and Cliff talked. She said she’d go after Jackson and Beth. He insinuated he would too. He promised he wouldn’t go after her if she won hoh and put up Jackson and Beth. I think she took it as Cliff saying he wouldn’t to go after her at all but technically that’s not what he said. Cliff said he’d never screw Nicole over and doesn’t like her having to choose this week. He said he hoped no one would pressure her about it since it was already hard for her. (hint hint)
- Everyone still hung out together while waiting to stab each other in the back:
- Jess campaigned to Beth and Beth told her she thought the fewer people that were in the house, the less important she thought it was to campaign. (Haha, Beth really didn’t want to have to sit through this pitch)
- Jess told Nicole she’s always been loyal to Nicole and always had her back. She told her she’s never and would never throw her under the bus. Jess also said no matter what happens, “I think I’ve played a very impressive game.” (Every one of these statements are false but I actually think Jess believes them all)
- Beth began feeling well enough to do her make up and join the others downstairs. She thought it was a good idea to talk about her nausea while they were trying to eat dinner.
- Cliff, Jackson and Beth talked about Cliff being a little nervous. He said he’d love for Nicole to win an hoh but today’s made him a little nervous about her winning. He said he trusts Nicole but he could see the other side getting into her head and getting her to flip. Beth said Nicole has voiced how they couldn’t beat Cliff in the past. She said Nicole could single handedly screw all 3 of them this week. (Nicole has caused them to be worried about her) Cliff told them what Christie and Tommy have pitched him and he told what he’s said and plans to say about Jackson. Jackson said as long as he didn’t evict Jackson, he could say whatever he wanted and he didn’t care. Jackson told Cliff that Christie and Tommy have really been trying to keep Jess and Cliff said he knows.
- Later, Cliff told the cameras that he has to trust if Nicole evicts him, it’s because she truly thinks it’s best for her game. He said he isn’t going to try to make her feel bad if that’s where she’s leaning and said he’d be disappointed but he’d live. (He also offered Nicole his credit card number in case of an emergency when the show ends. It’s because she has some paranoia about getting stranded in LA when it’s over) Cliff said he has faith in Nicole keeping him and maybe he’s just a little paranoid.
- After everything that’s been discussed the past couple days, Jackson told Beth he really didn’t think Christie and Tommy knew they were working with Cliff and Nicole. He still thinks it’s possible Christie and Tommy want to throw the next hoh.
- Christie let Jess know Jess was the original target by telling her that Jackson told Tommy he was fine with him using the veto as long as it was on Christie.
- Jess plans to talk to Jackson again. She planned to play on his ego and tell him he needs a big target on his resume. She said she’ll tell him Cliff is a big target and remind him he’s only taken out Sis and say that doesn’t look very impressive. (I could actually see this being the only thing that might get into his head and it wasn’t bad)
- Throughout the evening, almost all of these conversations were repeated. Cliff told on Christie again and Jess gave her pitch to Jackson.
- Christie met with Jolly in the hoh and claimed she was good with them. Jackson reminded her of saying she was fine with being a pawn, being dine with 5th place and swearing on her sister. Later, he told Beth he wanted it on camera. He thinks if Christie goes back on anything, America will come after her when the show’s over. (Hi Jackson, BB fans here. Nice to meet you. Thought we should have a formal introduction since you obviously know nothing about us)
- Jackson told Nicole more about Christie’s lies and I think she finally gets what’s happening. She didn’t trust Christie but she was buying into it a little bit. Jackson told her about Christie swearing on her sister and the Bible to never go after Jolly. Nicole told him Christie did the same with her but was swearing she would. Nicole thinks it’s hilarious that everyone is trying to play the exact same game. Jackson said Christie and Tommy want Cliff and Nicole to do their dirty work. Nicole said it will be funny, during the next hoh if they all just stand there. (Where’s Christmas when we need her to take the win?)
- Jackson talks more about Christie and Tommy not wanting to win the next one. Beth reminds him they can’t believe a word Christie says and said she should’ve taken Christie out when she was hoh. (more buyers remorse)
- Jess told Tommy and Christie she knew she was the one going home.
- I’m really tired of backgammon:
Everyone is partially correct about each duo playing the same strategy. They still are but the biggest shift has been over wanting to throw it. They all wanted to throw it and now, no one wants to throw it, except maybe Tommy but he won’t do it unless he can throw it to Christie. (He wants to go after Jackson and Beth but he wants to remain innocent when it happens) They’ve all changed their minds close to the same time this week and it’s a little comical. Everyone is still lying to everyone but the difference is, now everyone knows it. However, it hasn’t caused any of them to stop yet.
Taking my personal thought about these people out of it, I can honestly say, I have no idea what I want to happen tonight. I’d love to see Tommy and Christie on the block together. I’d love to see Tommy and Beth on the block since they’re the only 2 who haven’t been there. I’d also like to see one of Jackson or Beth go because they’ve been in power for a month. I don’t want Cliff or Nicole to leave but I wouldn’t mind seeing what the remaining one could do in the game if they weren’t seen as a duo anymore. Now that I’m thinking about it, I may really enjoy tonight because there aren’t many scenarios that could disappoint me.
The only situation I think would be bad is if one of the pairs wins the DE hoh, takes someone out, and the other half of that same duo wins the next hoh. I’d rather lose one of each over the next week to make for a more interesting end game.
See ya tonight and have a great Double Eviction Thursday!