Become a Big Brother Junkie supporter here
Good afternoon, everyone!
It’s Slow Sunday in the Big Brother house which is always nice to step back and catch your breath after everything that goes on Thursday, Friday, and then Saturday. Today is typically the day the noms will work the veto holder to use the veto on them (tomorrow), but I’m not sure if that’s going to happen today because DerekX has basically shut down ideas to use it. Most of the house would be happy to see Frenchie go even though they understand there are bigger targets in the house and Frenchie can act as a shield for them.
Honestly, the shield strategy has been losing steam the last few seasons. People have caught on to the fact that the ‘shield’ is a shield because they’re tough competitors so leaving them in the house simply to protect you rarely works. All it does is kick the can down the road as a problem you need to deal with later when there are even fewer people to help. Keeping Frenchie in this week and future weeks means other people will still go home. So really, what’s the point? Get them out while you have the chance and move on.
If these players want to be the next Dan Gheesling (like Frenchie so badly wants to be), they need to be innovative with their tactics. 23 seasons in (plus celeb and OTT), and strategies are just being recycled so we all know what to expect now. I think at this point, they need to scrap the ‘shield’ strategy and focus more on the ‘sword’. Not that I think it would still save Frenchie, but my tactic would be to devote myself to those who save me and be their weapon moving forward. Kyland not feeling Brent? I’d pick an argument with Brent and get him riled up. I’d promise to nominate and evict him. Again, I don’t think that tactic would really even work, but it would be my personal last hope tactic.
The best way to remain in the house is not to get nominated. Easier said than done, but it’s basically just playing under the radar and having a good social game to get you through the first half.
Okay, let’s get to updates:
- 12:40 pm – Alyssa and Whitney are outside tanning and talking game
- Meanwhile, Brit is inside making all the live feeders collectively cringe as she works on her eviction speech/rap.
- And to her credit, the rhymes aren’t that bad it’s just super cringe watching someone practice for it.
- 1:30 pm – Outside, X and DX are playing pool. X is telling DX to stop winning comps now that he doesn’t need to. See, X is playing what I mentioned above. Lay low rather than try to get out of jams
- 2:30 pm – Big D asks Brent and Christian about favorite NFL teams. They both say the Patriots. I guess I like them more now.
- 3:30 pm – House still outside around the pool. Expect this to happen until the evening before Frenchie starts scheming again
- On the bright side, the CBS begins in an hour
- 6:45 pm – Alright, back from watching the CBS episode. Meh
- I’ve been working on a re-design of the site. Nothing major. You likely won’t notice much actual change in the style but this is hopefully to speed it up and also offer a better experience in the mobile version. So I’ll be doing that as I listen to the feeds and see if I hear anything good
- Inside the house though, Christian and Alyssa are on the hammock. He’s totally going to James his way into her. If people don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s obsessing over someone (Natalie) until desperation grows and she finally falls for him
- One question I do have is, do you guys like the profile pictures at the top of the page? I was thinking of having it just on the main page and the spoiler page but seeing as this is a spoiler site I shouldn’t really worry too much about having that spoiler bar on the top of each page. I think it’s kind of become a staple to the site
- 7:45 pm – Big D says that Xavier gives off lawyer vibes
- As Xavier tries to lie his way out of it, feeds cut. This is a fucking joke.
- Sarah says Brent is definitely a flight attendant. He’s the only one not lying about his job. Oops
- Oh boy, Frenchie on a pity party again how he got dealt a bad hand. Come on
Check back for updatesAdvertisement