Good afternoon, everyone
I never really know how to start off these posts on this day. September 11th is such an impactful day for this country that it’s hard to just keep to Big Brother and pretend it’s just a normal day. It’s not. No matter how many years go by, it feels the same every year if not worse. That is because every year it feels more and more like those shitheads who caused that attack got what they wanted the more this country becomes divided.
That attack created a bond like no other in this country which made us closer than ever before in the years following that attack. Over the years, that bond degraded worse than it was before and now we’re at the point where I’m scared to even write anything semi-political for fear it will turn into a massive debate in the comment section. Political parties have never been more divided despite the root of our division is the same issue – we want the best for our country. The only difference is that we have different visions on how to get there. The people who voted differently than you didn’t do so because they hate the country. They did so because they felt the person they voted for has the better chance at achieving those goals. You may disagree with the person they voted for, but we need to stop taking it out on the voters because we’re all the same.
Those in power have created a game out of the political system where political parties are like sports rivalries and there is a ‘winner’ and ‘loser’. They do this so they don’t actually have to work at winning our votes, they can just join a ‘team’ and have an instant fan (or voter) base. The only real winners and losers in a system like that are the politicians being the winners and everyone else being the losers. Nothing gets accomplished in the government and we have family members unfriending each other over a vote. A vote! The divide grows further and they work less and less to earn our votes.
This day 17 years ago made this country briefly stop seeing political parties and come together as a nation and the thousands of lives lost will all be in vain if we’re more divided now than we were on September 10th, 2001. Put your political differences aside and realize that your ‘enemy’ who voted differently actually wants the same thing as you and that is for a united and prosperous United States of America. The path we believe will get us to that end goal should not create such hostility and anger. Make it a goal today to call someone you haven’t spoken with in a while, or visit them, or even just send them a message on Facebook saying hi. Let’s start building!
Dammit, I really didn’t want to write something like this because my goal is to keep this page strictly Big Brother. With that, I’ll go back under my rock and discuss the house…
- 12:00 pm – Half the house is up and the backyard is still open.
- Not sure how much longer they’ll have it but those sleeping past noon (JC) are going to be the ones crying about being locked in for most of the next week
- 1:00 pm – Tyler and JC are in the kitchen talking.
- Angela, Brett, and Haleigh are in the backyard getting the last bit of sun
- Sam is doing laundry
- Kaycee is playing pool by herself. The entire house is accounted for!
- Here is Haleigh showing off her abs to Angela
- 1:35 pm – Sam is alone in the hammock now talking to herself again
- I am seriously concerned for her
- Angela comes over to talk to Sam. She tells her she’s very proud of the way Sam has handled herself this week and not to worry about Haleigh hanging around them all week.
- Sam has her vote so not to worry
- Haleigh came back outside in the middle of the conversation and I think she heard something because when Angela went back, she apologized and said she didn’t know she was having ‘one of those’ conversations and offered to go back inside
- 1:55 pm – Tyler comes out with Brett to talk to Sam. They are talking about how Sam thought Fessy was gay until around day 60 (Pretty sure it was earlier. Maybe as late as day 30)
- JC joins
- Sam says she thought he may have been a genius too. JC says “I can see him being gay but not a genius” lol
- 2:30 pm – Sam is doing repairs to the cornhole board
- 2:45 pm – JC is upstairs talking to Brett
- He is worried about the double eviction and what Brett would do during it
- Brett says he’s worried that Tyler is reeled in (to Angela) more than he thought
- He re-tells JC about how Haleigh thinks she heard Angela and Tyler fooling around. Brett and JC both think that Haleigh is probably lying because Angela likely wouldn’t do that
- JC says Angela is smarter to do that in the open in a room that exposed
- 4:00 pm – Everyone is outside. Someone who is really quiet this week has been Kaycee. I think seeing the pictures and the letter from her brother may have hit her a bit
- 4:30 pm – Angela talking to Brett inside mentions how everyone is still too kind. Yes, we know. It’s getting annoying.
- She’s referring to what JC has been mentioned a lot which is BB is probably pissed about the lack of drama
- 4:55 pm – Brett is outside and says ‘I can’t wait to get out and see who was fucking in this house’
- JC jokes that they’re going to find out that he’s really straight and Tyler is a woman
- 5:00 pm – Haleigh is in the room looking through her bags talking to herself
- She says “yup, ths is what I signed up for. Living with a house full of strangers living out of my suitcase”
- 8:20 pm – The boys are downstairs with Sam while the rest of the girls are upstairs hanging in the HoH room
- Brett talks to Tyler in the storage room
- He is trying to decide what to do if there is a double. He says the girls have been loyal and will likely take them to the final 4 but they’re worried about Kaycee’s comp skills
- They want to sit back and let the girls take shots at JC and Sam while they avoid it. They also know they’re dealing with a bitter jury that likely hates both guys so sitting next to each other could be what they need
- Tyler humors Brett when he does mention evicting Angela. Tyler is totally going to take his chances with the girls and probably lose to Kaycee
Check back for updates