Become a Big Brother Junkie supporter here
I posted yesterday wondering when they were going to release information about the next season of Big Brother, and sure enough, today they did. First off, it will not be called Big Brother 19. I expected this as during their press release for a renewal of the next 2 summers, they mentioned something about being seasons 19 and 20. What will it be called? Big Brother: Over the Top.
CBS released a short video for it, and it doesn’t go into much detail except a few details. Some we knew, some we didn’t…
- It will be exclusive to All-Access. This means in order to watch it, you need to buy the live feeds.
- I will still be blogging it, so you can (and should) stay here to get updates, but CBS All-Access is actually a pretty decent deal for what you get. $5.99/month (or 2 bottles of water at Disney), you not only get the live feeds, but you can access any episode of Big Brother from any season. You can watch any CBS show, and live stream your local CBS. I saw Xbox had an app for it, so I am going to try to watch the live feeds from my living room later on.
- There are no scheduled blackouts!
- This is important to people like me who watch the feeds. No longer will we be forced to suffer through terrible interviews from Jeff instead of watching the competitions play out. Now, we apparently will be able to see it all when it happens. Comps, Nominations, Veto, etc. Does this mean we’re safe from fish? I doubt it. They will probably still cut to fish when they sing songs, mention people who didn’t sign waivers, or talk about production.
- Viewers will have more impact on the game
- They didn’t give any information on this other than that. Based on the hints I’ve heard so far, I do expect it to be more than just choosing havenot food or care packages. They are not going to completely follow the traditional format, and with everything playing out in real time, there is no telling what this means. Can we impact competitions? Vote in the middle of comps for someone to be offered to fall off the wall for cash?
Considering the show is airing just a week after Big Brother 18 ends, I expect possibly some overlap in posts (like today). During the final week of the season, there is a good chance they’ll release the cast information for Big Brother: Over the Top, so I’ll be posting that as well as any Big Brother 18 information. That is a good thing, because the final week of the season is typically incredibly boring, so at least I’ll remain busy!
Stay tuned to the blog for any information… here is a quick plug for all the places to follow