One indicator of a potentially good season is how the first few votes go. in some of the more boring seasons, you had one alpha group that dominated the house and picked off who they wanted at will until the group eventually collapsed on itself creating a blip of drama before the drama faded.
This season appeared to be heading down that path with the three showmances clearly in a great position to just peg people off until there was only six left ready to go to jury. Then Paul came in the house, then Megan self-evicted, and then Paul was given the first temptation which kept him safe for 3 weeks. This all created a chain of events that forced Cody to break his word to his alliance which shattered the group of six before it even got going. To be fair, I use the word ‘forced’, but Cody wasn’t forced to make that move. He chose to do it on his own. I want to call it a dumb move, but getting Paul out wasn’t dumb. What was dumb was going rogue and not securing the support of his alliance before making that move.
Right now the house appears to be:
Alex, Kevin, Jessica, Ramses vs Paul, Matt, Elena, and probably Raven
This leaves Josh, Jason, Mark, and Dominique as wildcard voters this week who need to be flipped one way or another. Josh is currently leaning towards Paul. Jason is flipping back and forth. Mark appears to be with Paul but Cody thinks he’s just spying for him, and Dom is kind of floating around playing neutral.
Granted all this could change in a few hours when Christmas gets back from her MRI. If she’s forced to exit the game, things will be ugly. Let’s assume that she has to leave the game, here are the options…
- Big Brother asks her if she’ll stay another day and volunteer to be evicted – Unlikely because Christmas will say no
- Big Brother forces her out of the game which forces Cody to make another nomination
- Big Brother forces her out but decides the house has had too much. Cody still makes a nomination but Julie reveals they’re both safe tomorrow night – Unlikely
There is also a chance that Christmas leaves and BB tells the house the week is off, but there is a live show tomorrow night and they can’t have a live show without an eviction. It’s too much work to get everyone together just to tell everyone is safe and watch them compete in an HoH comp.
Alright, enough rambling. Time for updates….
- 10:45 am – The house is awake and Christmas has left for her MRI. Everyone else is getting ready for the day
- 11:00 am – Paul is telling Kevin that they have Josh and he shouldn’t be on the wrong side of the house tomorrow
- 11:30 am – Paul is sitting around the kitchen telling stories about his season.
- Here is Cody’s face when Paul is telling the part where they got Victor out but he came back and they got revenge…
- 11:45 am – Jason and Kevin branch off and make fun of Paul’s constant stories about his season.
- They don’t really care that he was on a previous show (I like these two)
- Kevin picked up on Paul giving away his plan by saying how he went after showmances last season
- Kevin says if you take all the mirrors away from the house, you’re going to see a bunch of people hovering around one mirror
- They joke about how they look in the mirror while talking to each other like this…
- 12:00 pm – Cody is in the living room with Alex, Jill, and Ramses.
- Cody points out how Paul was basically making fun of him referring to the past seasons and stupid moves
- He approaches Ramses and says if he ever needs to get away and have privacy he can go into the HoH room. Cody is really working these votes
- 12:20 pm – Jillian tells the group that Shaq went into a restaurant she served at and he apparently tipped $10 for his table of like 20 people
- 3:00 pm – Got back from a nap, still no Christmas but no announcement, either. An MRI will take awhile so I wasn’t really expecting her to be back already but had to update everyone!
- 3:15 pm – Update!
- Christmas is back!
- She has a broken foot.
- Producers asked her if she wanted to go home, she said ‘fuck no’.
- They said they are absolutely not changing up any competitions for her. The doctors will approve which comps she can compete in, but they’re still going to have running comps, etc.
- Now the question is whether or not the house will keep her around because she’s lame, or if they’re send her home out of pity
Check back for updates