Become a Big Brother Junkie supporter here
Good afternoon, everyone! First, sorry to anyone who had site issues this morning. Also, thank you to everyone who quickly let me know there was a problem so I got it fixed as quick as I could.
Last night was the first eviction of the season, and while I have been pushing how great this season is, the eviction process needs some work. It was flat out bad when you compare it to the summer counterpart. While I understand getting a live audience and all that jazz is a bit of a hassle for a scaled down version of the show, just everything about it was weird and awkward. Going to the DR and not talking to Julie was painful to watch. The time it took for Monte to go to the DR and get the results with the uncomfortable silence while that happened – yikes. Cornbread just walking out the door into pure silence and you weren’t sure if he was being evicted or being sent to his death (It would be awesome if they put a Halloween theme in the house and put a fake – or real – head of every evicted houseguest on a spike in the backyard).
The HoH competition wasn’t much better as it was a very basic endurance competition and the first 20 minutes or so were spent in near complete silence other than Jason tossing out shoutouts. While I enjoyed the fact the competition was easy enough that it took more than an hour, it was still awkward at times without things being sprayed on the houseguests, or birds dropping from the sky, etc. Oh well, kinks to work out, I suppose.
Finally, voting begins today on care packages. To see the list and cast your vote, check it out here
Alright, let’s get to the updates:
- 10:30am – Julie had just let them know about the care packages, and the enthusiasm wasn’t there. Most are still a bit sore from last night and tired as they’ve been woken up at around 9am for the past few days
- While I normally don’t care what time they’re woken up, it is pretty mean to keep them awake all day and then still wake them up early. Alright, mean isn’t a good work… slightly mean?
- 12:20pm – Outside is open, and the plastics are hanging out on the hammock. Whitney has an upset stomach. Probably from pushing the sword into it all night
- Whitney tells the girls how Scott told her that he doesn’t think Alex shouldn’t get out one of the big targets
- Morgan jokes “Yea, because he’s working with them”
- Alex doesn’t want to get out a small target. She wants to keep those looser ends around because they can be swayed
- Now the girls don’t think Scott is really a debt collector. Their logic is that because he’s a ‘chessmaster’, he shouldn’t be making less than $1k/week (I don’t think they know the job opportunities available in NE Maine)
- Alex thinks Shane should go home more than anyone because he is the glue that holds a bunch of them together (she’s right)
- 1:00pm – Jason and Scott are talking about an All-Star season
- Jason mentions how the returning cast last season definitely worked on a higher stipend, but Jason signed on as a newbie, or ‘basic bitch’ money ($1k/wk)
- Jason and Scott talking about Big Brother websites. No BBJunkies shoutout from my two New Englanders.
- Now he’s talking about a meetup in NH. I’m crashing that if I find out where it is
- Sounds like Julie may actually be making her first live appearance with the house today. Or, it could be another recorded message. It is scheduled for 2pm
- Jason and Scott don’t think there are any twists like the twins. He doesn’t think anyone is hiding anyone ‘big big’… like being sisters?
Before the Julie announcement, quick plug for the weekly favorite poll
- 1:50pm – Everyone is just about ready, and Julie will be live. First time all season
- 2:00pm – Live Q&A, let’s see how this goes…
- It’s on!
- Every Thursday, Julie is going to do her Q&A just like this
- To Monte – You nominated 3 houseguests, but America’s nom went home. How do you feel with all 3 remaining?
- I FEEL GOOD (ok didn’t really say that)
- To Alex – Congrats on HoH. Unlike Monte, you’ll make noms knowing the twist. Will it impact your choice?
- Absolutely. This season HoH doesn’t have as much power as usual
- To Neeley – How difficult was the comp last night?
- It was hard! Julie – It’s Big Brohter, you’re not sissies!
- To Kryssie – You survived, how nervous were you
- I was terrified! Julie – Sorry to say I’m happy, it means the game is working
- To Danielle – How stressful for you?
- Blah blah stressful
- To Jason – You are the only returner. Has it been difficult?
- It has been, but it’s nice! Then a shoutout to BB17
- To Justin – How well did you know BB before you entered?
- To be honest, I didn’t know a damn thing!
- To Shelby – How would you say everyone is getting along
- We’re definitely starting to see the groups form. I’m definitely starting to hear what’s being said about me at night. But you can’t take it personal
- To Shane – Do you know your housemates pretty well, or do you think there are secrets?
- I think I know them pretty well!
- To Morgan – Has the game changed since the first eviction?
- Yes, it was a big wakeup call for everyone
- To Whitney – How different is playing BB than watching
- Oh man, so different.
- To Scott – You’re also a big fan, how does America picking the winner change things?
- Oh it’s nervewracking, because you always think certain ways inside the house compared to how you’re viewed outside
- “And I have a message from Cornbread – Fuck Ya’ll” (just kidding)
- Interview over
- 2:10pm – Now the house just sits around all dressed up and talking. I can’t believe they haven’t given Alex her room yet
- 2:35pm – Danielle tells the group that she got really yelled at earlier in the DR for constantly napping
- 3:20pm – The house is just hanging outside. Slow day
- 3:45pm – Alex finally called to DR. Likely getting her HoH room
- 3:53pm – Alex comes outside with Shelby standing right behind her. She yells to the group “Who wants to see my HoH rooooom?” Shelby gives a serious “I do” answer
- No pictures of Alex’s imaginary boyfriend were waiting for her
- It would be hilarious if her letter mentions Morgan
- Morgan is listening intently to hear if her mother slipped during the letter… or she’s jealous how close the mother made it sound she is with Alex
- 4:15pm – Alex and Shelby are in the HoH room alone. Shelby finally gets to bitch about Danielle. She hasn’t been able to in a few hours, so it must have been killing her
- Alex is going to try to use the power leverage this week to form a connection with Neeley and Kryssie
- 4:45pm – The plastics are all talking about who to nominate right now.
- I have to do some homework and watch a little MLB playoffs, but I will check in from time to time tonight.
- 5:20pm – Morgan is up in the HoH room and is joking with Alex about her stuff
- She said she’s going to run to the DR and make sure they don’t give her any photos with cats, or a letter from her mother because that was the worst letter she’s ever heard lol. Alright then.
- Alex jokes about the awful photos she received. She looks like the crazy cat lady, and it isn’t even her cat
- Personally, I would be upset if I didn’t get pics of my cat, but if it’s not her cat, then yea
- Alex laughing “Mom is horrible” Morgan “C’mon, she really tried”
- They joke about it because it didn’t sound like her mother at all. I guess it’s hard to write a letter to one daughter and not pretend the other is in the house
- Alex and Morgan both cam talk telling their mom that they love her and they’re just joking around
- Alex is talking about Morgan how she has the house fooled and people think that Morgan is the nice one in the house. Meanwhile, Morgan is doing a happy dance
- Alex tells Morgan she thought Morgan would be the first to be evicted, so congratulations.
- They get serious and down to game talk.
- They camtalk again and tell America to vote out the showmance. BB18 had way too many and Shane and Danielle are SUPER boring.
- And if we take out Shelby, that side runs the house
Ok, closing this thread, it is way too long. I will either start a new one tonight or take a break for the evening. I doubt any Junkies in FL can read this right now, but if you do, you guys are in the thoughts of just about everyone. Florida is the Morgan to our Alex. We may tease you a lot, but we love you. Don’t get destroyed, because I’ll be back in a few years (or sooner if anyone gives me a house)