Good afternoon, everyone!
It’s Friday in the Big Brother house so we’re expecting nominations today and thanks to the dumb Battle Back competition, no drama expected!
I realized last night that I hate the Battle Back comp. Maybe it’s just this year because I feel those remaining have really fought for their position and to just throw someone back in is dumb, or maybe it’s because I forgot just how annoying Scottie is and was glad when I didn’t have to listen to him call Kaycee ‘daddy’ anymore. Either way, I’m not a fan and after 2 weeks of boring feeds, this gave the new HoH (Tyler) an easy nominee (Scottie) in addition to the expected one (Haleigh). For any chance at good feeds this week, we need to hope for Haleigh to win PoV, but even then it will result in Sam going on the block and Scottie leaving.
Another thing I want to talk about is something I talk about multiple times every season – conspiracy theories. Every week it seems there are new people complaining about production ‘rigging’ the game for someone else. I joked that production was favoring Fessy last week because they had a comp tailer made for him come up when he was going home, but that was to poke fun at the Tyler thing and how it would be weird to rig the game for both sides of the house. Well, during the HoH competition, calls of theories erupted again as Haleigh came closer to a win. During the comp, she rarely had any sauce sprayed in her face and the pie didn’t hit her much. This could easily be explained by the difficulty of aiming that mustard/ketchup stuff combined with her not squatting until the end, but some ran with it that production wanted her to win, now.
I’m sure that was only amplified when Tyler’s mic leaked telling the DR that he planned to nominate Haleigh and Scottie, but I was sleeping during that so I missed any uproar. That incident, btw, sounded like a leak to the feedsters and not to the house.
As I mentioned, it’s likely that Haleigh and Scottie will be on the block today. It’s unfortunate because I really love the thing Haleigh and Tyler have going on between them. It’s a friendly rivalry with tons of mutual respect by two fierce competitors. The fact that the HoH comp came down to them was a fitting end to what may be Haleigh’s final week in the house and for that, I thank her for giving us what she did all summer. She was the brightest bulb in a room full of dying bulbs (her alliance) and gave every competition her all. I’ll talk more about her as the week winds down if it appears she is indeed leaving, however.
- 11:30 am – Haleigh is up in the HoH room with Tyler and Angela
- She is having regular small talk with the pair
- Meanwhile, Sam is talking about her high alcohol tolerance downstairs
- 12:00 pm – Haleigh is talking about how annoyed she was that Sam was so blatantly cheering against her last night
- They talk about how there might be 3 people in the finale and how you’d pick between three
- Tyler mentions ‘who would get second place though’ and they agree that would be weird… but second place is the person with the second amount of votes
- Looking at the schedule, there are 3 more Thursdays and always a final 3 on the finale which turns into a final 2 that night. Throw in one expected double elimination and you’re still a number up. The problem is people in the house are forgetting that there is typically another week with two evictions, it’s just not a double.
Here is what I expect for the final schedule:
- 9/6 – Down to 7
- 9/13 double – Down to 5
- 9/18 or 9/19 – Down to 4
- 9/20 – Down to 3
- 9/26 – Finale
That’s obviously not set in stone and it’s only my prediction but despite what the house thinks, the numbers still line up fine
Back to the feeds:
- Haleigh is talking about how controlling he was being toward the end and why that may have resulted in a quiet response last night when evicted
- Angela takes a shot at Fessy and says that he may be super controlling outside the house
- Haleigh is apologizing for Fessy’s speech.
- 1:00 pm – Brett is up in the HoH room
- Brett is telling Tyler how paranoid JC is right now
- JC was all worked up because there were 3 cups next to the wine a few days ago. He is worried about Kaycee and Angela and thinks Tyler is with them
- Brett is saying the girls are acting a bit reckless because they are attached at the hip and not hiding it
- He tells Tyler how he’s happy that Scottie is back in the house because he’s the only person he didn’t light up in GBMs. He also confessed what he did regarding the vote to Scottie
- They agree that Scottie should be gone next week
- 1:40 pm – JC and Tyler are up in the HoH room
- JC is doing his typical lecture on what should happen this week. Tyler is getting frustrated by that and says ‘you need to trust me. You don’t need to come here and lecture me every time’ (paraphrasing)
- Tyler also joked about putting JC up because doesn’t have to worry about retaliation since JC never wins.
- 2:30 pm – Tyler is up in the HoH room with Scottie
- They are having some general talk. Tyler mentions how little Haleigh and Sam like each other
- 3:00 pm – Scottie and Angela are up in the HOH room
- She is asking if there is a possibility that they can extend past the normal time. He says their contract expires Oct 5th
- Scottie runs the numbers and says the finale is on a Sunday. Bro
- Angela can’t handle two double evictions. I wonder if she counts two evictions in a week as a double? Because that is what will happen leading up to the final Thursday
- Scottie tells her that during the jury, the entire week, RS and Bayleigh tried to convince him that Tyler was his enemy. Feeds cut. Not sure why we can’t hear about jury
- But it does show they’re going to bitch the entire week to Fessy about Tyler. A bunch of butthurt bitter jury members. Great
- Please don’t let this season be ruined by a bitter jury. Please. Please. Please
- Side note – I absolutely hate gimmicky chess boards. That board would piss me off to play on
Stepping away for a bit. I’ll create a new thread when I come home tonight. Noms should be Scottie and Haleigh so there isn’t much of a surprise there. I also don’t expect any drama from it