Big Brother 20 – Monday Feed Updates
Good afternoon, everyone!
It’s Monday in the Big Brother house and Big Brother Watch has officially begun after Vegas responded to my tweet by announcing everyone in production is worried that the show has yet to be renewed. Well, she didn’t respond directly, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence she came out with the announcement a few hours later. Could have tossed me a pity mention but that’s okay.
After that, I did decide to do a little further research which is probably something I should have done earlier and noticed the following renewal dates:
- BB19 & BB20 – 8/10/16
- BB17 & BB18 – 9/24/14
- BB16 – 9/12/13
- BB15 – 9/15/12
- BB14 – 9/14/11
- BB13 – 9/15/10
- BB12 – 9/9/09
- BB11 – 9/18/08
Only 2 announcements from the last 10 seasons have been earlier than Sept 10th of their years so I’m guessing it was premature to worry (although I do every year). However, this year obviously is a bit different with Julie Chen’s husband and CBS CEO stepping down after sexually harassing like 12 women (allegedly.. need to put that for legal reasons). It didn’t help that Sharon Osbourne opened ‘The Talk’ today by saying Julie is taking a few days off and everyone at CBS is now sweating over their jobs because a new regime always brings change. Most shows will be fine, that part is certain. However, people are worrying – and rightfully so – about any show that is closely tied with Julie Chen (and Les Moonves by association).
I’m well aware that Julie shouldn’t be blamed for what her husband did, but large corporations are always worried about their brand and almost always remove everything related to scandals that can remind people of said scandal. Unless she comes out with a statement yesterday, Julie is quickly going to be remembered as the l0yal wife who went down in flames with her husband. It may already be too late because of her initial announcement, but when 6 more women are announced, that was her second opportunity to break it off clean.
For people who think Big Brother isn’t at all in danger because of it being a money maker for the network, let me remind you of a few things:
- Louis CK’s entire movie was scrapped
- Kevin Spacey’s scenes were re-shot with a different actor after the movie was complete and ready for release
- House of Cards is gone
- The show ‘Louis’ was working on renewing but that died
- And many more…
However, not all is doom and gloom. Many of the shows impacted by these scandals merely had the person removed from it.
The Today Show went on without Matt Lauer as did This Morning when Charlie Rose was accused. Danny Masterson was written out of his show and House of Cards could probably go on without Spacey although I think that show is/was nearing the end of it’s run, anyway. The fact that Julie is obviously not even the person accused means there is much less stink on her two shows as there would have been had Les himself hosted. Plus, she has a chance to nearly completely eliminate any and all stink by cutting ties with him sooner rather than later.
Alright, I’ve rambled on about this but I know it’s an issue worrying a lot of people, especially after Vegas’ tweet. My opinion is that they will renew Big Brother as they planned to do sometime before now and the end of the season and it will go on with or without Julie. The show is much more than Julie Chen so it would be crazy to scrap this. However, if it’s not renewed over the next 2 weeks, start worrying.
- 11:45 am – Feeds returned and the veto was not used
- Haleigh (or Sam) will be the first to leave on Thursday night
- 12:10 pm – Kaycee is in her room staring at her photos listening to music
- Side note – Funny how they had some metal playing while Kaycee couldn’t hear Haleigh when she really had Chris Brown
- 1:00 pm – People are in the back tanning and Sam is sharing some stories. Fun times
- 1:20 pm – Sam is in the kitchen talking to herself. She has been doing this more and more recently. The cameras pan around the room to show nobody is there
- 2:45 pm – Most of the house is still outside relaxing
- 4:25 pm – JC and Tyler are in the backyard, Brett is running around the kitchen while Sam is in the HN room alone talking to herself again
- JC says “tomorrow is going to be just like this. Then Wednesday just like this, but worse”.. great, looking forward to it
- 6:20 pm – Haleigh doing a rare workout, everyone else relaxing
- Some interesting news is that Sam is constipated. That’s what this week has become. This month. Wow.
- 9:50 pm – I see some reports on the net that Julie Chen is out. This is nothing but a rumor at this point which nobody with any credibility is reporting. I wouldn’t even mention it but I’ve been asked about it so I wanted to bring it up
- Fun fact – Tyler may have one or more tattoos on his butt – unless he’s kidding
- 10:25 pm – Sam is cutting JC’s toenails. WTF
Check back for updates