Big Brother 21 – Season Recap Part 1
I thought we could go back and review some things we’ve forgotten and some things we wish we could forget. I’ll attempt to cover about 1/3 of the season each day and try to include what role each of the final 3 played during that time. Some things will be left out because there’s only so much time left until we get ro Wednesday and move on to waiting for BB22.
Week 1 and before feeds:
When the show and feeds first came on, it didn’t take long for many of the feed watchers to start disliking most of the cast. I’m not sure it’s ever happened that quickly, for me at least. During BB19, I recall being irritated Paul came back to play, but I don’t remember disliking the cast so quickly. (Maybe I did) Christie won the 1st and longest HOH since the first one lasts 2 weeks.
We noticed a divide in the house almost immediately and it went beyond alliances. Ovi was being singled out by most of the women and made fun of by Jack and Jackson. He thought he was working with the Jacks and found out he and Jackson had gone to the same college. Sis, Beth and Kat talked about Ovi being creepy and Sis said he touched her inappropriately. Soon after, she said “if he was hot, it would be ok” and we realized this wasn’t the problem they were making it out to be. The entire group made fun of Ovi making cookies and said he was lying about having a girlfriend. They didn’t believe Ovi had a leadership role in his fraternity but they seemed fine with Jacksons hazing stories from his. We learned Jackson and Kat had hooked up the first week and that Kemi had rubbed several people the wrong way. A large group of “cool kids” was forming and the others were being isolated.
Jackson was voted camp director in spite of Jess’ shock, since she thought it was going to her and he had to banish 4 people. He chose the 3 people who’d also tossed in their hat for the job plus Kemi. He banished Jess, Cliff, David and Kemi. They competed and David came up short. He was sent away as the first nights boot on the episode. (Lots of outrage from feed watchers at this time because, well, David was great)
Gr8ful was formed and it included Christie, Tommy, Jack, Jackson, Sis, Beth, Bella and Nick. Jess was starting to talk about a womens alliance and womens empowerment. We were told Tommy and Christie knew each other and it was presented as a twist, even though we knew it happened because of lazy casting and wasn’t intentional. The show didn’t announce Beth and Kat knew each other, although I did announce it on this site as a credible rumor. Bella was a part of Gr8ful but she spent time with Kemi and Nicole as well, which caused her to be in the womens alliance called Black Widows. Bella also formed a F3 with Jack and Jackson. Christie and Tommy freaked out once they realized they were both in the house and agreed to never tell anyone they knew each other. (I do believe this, they both knew they’d applied in the past, I don’t believe they knew they’d both made it on the show) Here’s some other things we learned:
- Sam spent time with Nick but like Bella, Nick was part of the big alliance too.
- Jack and Jackson took over the kitchen and the atmosphere was only one step removed from having to ask permission to eat.
- Kemi shared with Bella she would go after Jack if she won hoh. Bella shared this with everyone. Before this, Kemi had made a remark about Jacks cooking and he was pissed. She was his #1 target after that happened.
- Some of the hg’s said Kemi walked around the first week with an arrogant attitude and made comments about trashing them all in the DR. This began the anti Kemi campaign. (Based on Kemis preseason interviews, I do believe she probably did this but it was no excuse for everything that followed)
- Nicole became friends with Bella, Jess and Kemi but was forming a seperate friendship with Cliff. Nicole and Cliff were friends with Ovi too.
- Jackson was already trying to dump Kat because he was interested in Beth.
- Jess mentioned getting all the women involved in a girls alliance but Nicole and Kemi didn’t think they should tell ALL the women.
- Nick started trying to hook up with Bella because his attempts with Sis were failing. He viewed Bella as a consolation prize as Sis had her eyes on Jack.
- Jackson confided in Jack about hooking up with Kat but made him promise not to say anything. (Hgs already knew, mostly) Jackson wanted to get with Beth and didn’t want people knowing that by week 2, he’d gone thru 2 women in the house.
- Jack got close to Tommy but especially Christie and he told her about Jackson being with Kat. This upset Jackson and caused a bit of a rift between them. Christie was thinking about making Kat her target and Jackson was all for it. (get rid of her and she can’t come back to haunt him, right?)
- Jackson (annoyed with Jack) began telling Christie the house might start viewing Jack and her as a pair. This freaked out Christie so in order to fight against this, Christie stated trashing Jack to other people and saying they needed to get rid of him soon. This began what became the First 5 alliance of Christie, Tommy, Bella, Nick and Sam. Sam, and especially Nick, took this and ran with it. Nick was already jealous of Jack (over Sis) so why not go after him. (Christie didn’t mean it, that’s why not)
- Christie told Jack that Nick might be after him and the 6 Shooters started to form. This was Gr8ful minus Nick and Bella.
- Cliff was doing well integrating himself with the others in spite of the age gap and was forming a bond with Sam too.
- Jack pressured Christie to put up Kemi. She considered it but after Nicole told Christie how much Kemi loved Christie, combined with some other opinions, she decided against it. She said she didn’t want to do Jacks work for him.
- Ovi won the first power and told Jack and Jackson about it.
Christie nominated Cliff (as a pawn) and Kat. Sam won the veto and wanted to use it. For this reason, they randomly came up with Ovi to go up in his place after running through other suggestions. Kat was still the target but it quickly switched to Ovi. He’d annoyed people, had a power and Beth said she thought they could trust Kat for a while. Ovi was evicted and Camp Comeback was announced. Suddenly, Ovi’s still there and David’s back in the house.
Beth: Beth was in a good position. She was shielded behind Kat and Jacksons shomance and knew Kat before coming into the house. She was asked to be part of the dominant alliance by doing nothing other than being social with them. She was friendly with almost everyone and was off to a good start. She talked a lot of trash about Kemi, Bella and Sis. Kat didn’t like Bella and that caused most of her dislike of her but she had an issue with Sis because the guys talked about how beautiful Sis was in front of her. Beth said she didn’t like it and Kat told Beth she was a beautiful older woman. By the end of the week, Kat and Beth had problems over Jackson. Kat tried to talk about it but Beth said she didn’t have time for it.
Nicole: She felt socially awkward, found herself on the outside but formed some solid relationships with people. She played a small role in Kemi staying this week. She briefly tried to keep Ovi but it didn’t go anywhere.
Jackson: He had Jack as a bigger target in front of him and was one of the leaders of the big alliance. Socially, he and Jack were rubbing people wrong but no one could do anything about it. Mostly, Jackson was liked and Jack was becoming the target.
Jack won the next hoh and immediately wanted to go after Nick. Jackson had to remind him they needed to fake it until camp comeback was over. Rules were set in place which forbid the hgs from talking game with David, Ovi and whoever else went to camp comeback. Bella, wanting to please Jack, outed the Black widows. They mostly already knew, because in spite of Nicole and Kemi telling Jess she shouldn’t include all the women, she’d done it anyway. Jess offered the women’s alliance to the women who were already in a shomance.
By this time, Jackson was already hanging out with Beth, Jack was with Sis but he really liked Christie and still spent the most time with her. Nick was with Bella but he flirted with Sis whenever he got the chance. More things from week 2:
- Beth and Kat made up for the most part. Kat gave Beth the go ahead to get with Jackson if she wanted.
- Jack explained how girls like Nicole and Jess didn’t get to talk to guys like him in real life so he felt this experience was a real treat for them.
- Beth began spending more time with Sis because she and Kat had been avoiding each other prior to making up. The two of them bond over trash talking Kemi and others. This was the week Beth said it annoyed her Kemi always told her she was pretty.
- Beth started talking to Jackson about watching out for his image and being careful what he said on the feeds. This was around the time Jackson became obsessed with David being in the house. He started doing a lot of things intentionally trying to annoy David. (We should remember, the the guy who slept with 2 different hgs, who happen to be real life friends, said he worried “David would run a train on the women in the house”)
- Christie overheard the Jacks, Beth and Sis talking about teaming up and becoming a 4 and this freaked her out.
- Beth heard Nick was suggesting people put her on the block if they won hoh.
- Sis discovered the perks of the hoh room with Jack and filled everyone in on EVERY detail about sex with Jack. She talked about this even after she realized it might be on the feeds. She was furious at the thught but told everyone about it anyway and what a “big” event it had been. She remained mad over the feeds but during her fury, she went back to the hoh room and continued on with it. (Sis was confusing)
- Ovi tried to get back in with the Jack’s and Nicole is the one who told him how the votes were discussed before his eviction. She told him the Jack’s never planned on keeping him and they’d been lying. Ovi committed to Cliff and Nicole after that and they became The Fellowshp of the Zing alliance. They joked about one of their members already being evicted.
- Kemi knew she was in trouble with Jack as the hoh. She knew things she’d said about him had been told but she thought it was Nick who’d done it. (It was Nick but mostly Bella) She trusted Bella more than Nicole at this point. Nicole was getting closer to Ovi and Cliff.
- Bella told Jack about Black Widows, told Nicole she told him and once Nicole told Kemi, Kemi knew where she’d screwed up. Kemi confronted Bella. Bellas reasoning didn’t make sense then and it still doesn’t.
- Jess was also furious with Bella. Cliff and Nicole were gently nudging Jess to blow up Bellas game. They also hoped Kemi might do it which she did during the eviction.
- Cliff was overheard by Christie talking to the cameras. Instead of keeping it quiet and continuing to get more info, she told her alliance about it. They found out Cliff, Nicole and Ovi had an alliance and made fun of it.
Jack put Kemi and Jess on the block with Kemi as the target. Kemi handled it well and Jess had a meltdown. Jack and Christie briefly considered keeping Kemi because she handled it so well. Kemi tried to have an honest conversation with Jack but it didn’t get her anywhere. He said he respected her but continued to trash her with the others. By this time, Cliff and Nicole had figured out the big alliance and who was in it, for the most part. This is why they were encouraging Jess because they were trying to create a divide in the group. Nicole confided to Christie that Bella was the one to create Black Widows. Nicole thought it could possibly save Kemi and get Bella targeted. Black widows wasn’t the real reason for Jess and Kemi going on the block so the information couldn’t save Kemi but it did begin to form a little trust with Christie. Kemi, and later Nicole, went to Jackson and Beth to try to save Kemi. They said they considered it but it didn’t go very far. Sam worked on keeping Kemi too but she was evicted.
Beth: She stepped out of the game most of the week. She was upset with Kat, making up with Kat and focused on Jacksons image. Luckily, her alliance was in charge so she didn’t have to do anything to stay safe. She wasn’t anyone’s target except for maybe Nick but her position had worsened. Originally, she was the 3rd behind a shomance which would have made her the last target. Not only did she take over the shomance position from Kat, (making Kat have the best spot) Jackson became injured which could’ve made him a smaller target than her.
Nicole: She stuck her neck out trying to keep Kemi, was busted over being in an alliance with Cliff and Ovi but other than losing a number, had a pretty good week. Gr8ful had originally wanted to work with Cliff as someone to keep around but after they heard about Cliff Notes, Nicole was sort of given that spot. Both sides (Nick,Bella vs 6 Shooters) began working on Nicole to pull her in as a number. She was planting a lot of seeds around this time, hid the fact she was mad at Bella and almost had Sam convinced to help her flip it and keep Kemi.
Jackson: He injured himself in a comp which helped Jack stay the bigger target. He’d began working on a southerners bond with Cliff and was trying to avoid Kat. This was around the time he was called into the DR and told he might need to cool it on the David trash talk. (Jack had the same talk with them about Kemi and Bella mostly) This is when Jacksons image obsession began but he was positioned well in the game. He cast a rogue vote and planned to blame ot on Nick and Bella. He wanted Beth to do it with him but she didn’t.
Nick won the hoh and Jacksons plan with the rogue vote went out the window. First, there was only one vote since Beth wouldn’t do it and second, Nick just became the hoh. He quickly switched plans and blamed it on Nicole. Nicole got ahead of it was adamant she didn’t do it and everyone believed her. Jackson did a terrible job of playing it cool. He was about the only person who kept bringing it up so it became obvious he was the one who’d done it. He eventually told on himself to his alliance. Bella told Sam about Gr8ful and eventually Sam told Nicole. Jack also accidentally spilled it to Sam. Kemi, who already knew Cliff had been overheard talking to the cameras, finally got around to telling Nicole. Nicole was able to piece together that was the reason everyone was acting weird in recent days. Nicole realized she might need to play a little more aggressively and here’s the rest of what happened:
- Bella continued to tell everything Nicole said to her and Nicole became nervous because of it. Nick had also tried to put Nicole on the spot and get her to say she’d put up Beth if she won hoh. Nicole went to Beth and played up being scared and said she was only trying to find a group and she didn’t like what Nick and Bella were doing. Beth fell for it, went into protective mode and told Nicole not to worry. She said they were aware of what Nick and Bella were doing but said they had to be patient because Nick was the hoh.
- Shortly before nominations, Nicole took the information from Beth to Nick and Bella, hoping to split up the big group. Nicole told them (6 shooters) were coming after them and they couldn’t trust them. It might have worked except for Nicks inability to accept he might not be in with the cool kids. Sam also knew from conversations with Christie that Nick might be in trouble but for some strange reason, he kept it to himself.
- Nick didn’t feel comfortable going after the big group yet and convinced himself there wasn’t a problem and the Jack’s were still loyal.
- Nicole had a conversation with Beth, Sis and Christie talking about the way Nick tried to be intimidating when he spoke to her about targets. He tried to make her tell him who she’d put up and he suggested Beth. (True, this did happen) Beth told Nicole that Nick and Bella were bullies. Nicole continued to say things like “intimidating” and the others were tossing out the word “bullies.”
- Christie became suspicious of Nicole and Tommy figured out she was trying to play both sides against the other. Nicoles position to play the middle, which she’d gained the week before, was quickly over.
- Nick put Cliff and Jess on the block but ratted out Nicole. Both sides of Gr8ful went after Nicole in order to cover their own lies and hide they really were about to go after each other. They compared notes on Nicole and had a Nicole bashing party in the hoh room. (This was the Lord of the Flies day)
- Jackson and Tommy were fist pumping, Bella and Sis were yelling and saying Nicole was a f*cking bitch. Sis said she wanted to go down and kick her ass at one point. Beth was the one who told Jack to shut the door in Nicoles face. Jackson is the one who’d already shut the door in her face once. Sis and Beth told Nick and Bella that Nicole had called them bullies. Bella said Nicole lied about having anxiety in order to become closer to Nick. She was also sure Nicole was lying about her grandmother being dead.
- Nicole realizing what had probably happened, was trying to go up and defend herself. Everyone else listened from downstairs as they continued yelling and screaming. Ovi attempted to get in the hoh room but they wouldn’t allow it. He told them the way they were behaving wasn’t cool.
- Gr8ful called Nicole a liar and said she was trying to play both sides. (She wasn’t lying but she was playing both sides) The 8 were coming back together because they were being bonded by having a common enemy.
- Since word got out Sam might know about the 8, they formed a fake 9 which was Unde9able and included him.
- Tommy became the mediator to sit in the room any time anyone was going to speak to Nicole since they’d agreed they shouldn’t be alone with her. During one of these conversations, Bella went off on Nicole and got up and left before Nicole was allowed to talk. (This was when Nicole was being accused of lying about her grandmothers death and lying to Nick about having anxiety)
- Nicole apologized to Bella even though she hadn’t done anything to Bella and Bella told her it wasn’t good enough.
- Bella and Kat discussed how terrible Nicole and Kemi were. Bella was certain America would destroy them once they left the house and said it should happen.
- Eventually, Bella and Nicole spoke again and Nicole became frustrated with the same conversation. She said she wanted to have an intelligent conversation which Bella took to mean, Nicole was calling her unintelligent so Nicole ran with it. Finally, Nicole said, yes, that’s what she was saying if Bella couldn’t even communicate with her. She told Bella she was a troublemaker and told the same thing to Nick when he decided to chime in against Nicole. She told Nick he could probably get pretty far in the game but Bella was dead weight and was going to bring him down…in front of Bella.
- Christie and Tommy believed Nicole was telling the truth about Nick and Bella going against them. They decided to keep Nicole mostly to spite Nick.
- Kat consoled Nicole and Nicole made the mistake of including Kat while talking about the outsiders. This was the week Nicole became a target for Kat. (How dare someone call Kat an outsider, she’s a cool kid damn it!)
Nicole was put up when Kat won veto and took Jess off the block. Kat and Jackson started fighting when she joked about how she was trashing Jackson in the DR. Beth took Jacksons side and scolded Kat. Nicole was saved and Cliff was evicted. It was a blindside to Nick but also to Nicole. They didn’t bother to tell her in advance in order to try and get something from her for it.
Beth: She played a role in the Nicole drama but not too much in the game. She did convince Christie and Sis to trust Kat by telling them, she and Kat ran in the same circles outside of the house and said it would look bad if Kat betrayed her. Once Jackson and Kat began fighting, the 6 shooters weren’t sure about Kat but Beth did a good job of convincing them they could trust her. She did it by partially giving up their secret tho. It wasn’t mentioned afterwards and seemed to go over the 6 shooters heads. She continued to not really be a target.
Nicole: She did a terrible job of trying to play the middle and she probably tried too hard to keep Kemi in the house. (This is probably where Jess’ problems with Nicole started) She had good info but not enough knowledge of who was aligned and who could keep their mouths shut. It was good she was playing proactively and trying to cause cracks in the big alliance. It was bad she chose to tell Nick and Bella things after she’d already experienced Bellas big mouth with Black Widows. Because of Christie and Tommy, she ended the week in surprisingly good shape. They were convinced the things Nicole said was innocent and thought she wasn’t trying to play both sides. (She was)
Jackson: Most of his week was about being mad at Kat, his reputation and hooking up with Beth. He did put some work in with Jess by telling her he he loved her and made her feel like they had a special bond. He said he didn’t want her to go home. (before she was off the block) He was a big part of the mob upstairs and was covering his butt too because he did briefly consider keeping Kemi and had cast the rogue vote. Kemi had an issue with Jack, not Jackson. Even if he didn’t reall consider it, he let Nicole think he did.
I’m expecting these to get shorter each day since not all weeks were eventful and there will be less people in the house, as it moves into the next month of the game. This covers almost the first month and I’ll pick up tomorrow with Cliffs first eviction and the end of Camp Comback. If you arn’t bored yet, stay tuned and once again, enjoy your Monday.